5 Easy Canned Pumpkin Recipes
Sep 06, 2021
As summer comes to a close, the fall season begins with pumpkin spice-flavored drinks and desserts, pumpkin picking for Jack-o’-lanterns for Halloween, and the classic and decadent pumpkin pie—a Thanksgiving staple. But there’s more to fall than just pumpkin spice lattes and pumpkin pie...you can cook pumpkin, specifically pumpkin puree, in a variety of healthy dishes and drinks!
From a nutrition standpoint, pumpkin is a nutrient-dense food, meaning it offers a variety of vitamins and minerals with just a few calories. Some key nutrients you’ll find in pumpkin include:
- Vitamin C
Here are 5 simple yet delicious canned pumpkin recipes that you can make this Fall:
Pumpkin Protein Pancakes
- 2 cup oats flour
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 4 large egg
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tsp baking powder
- Preheat a skillet over medium heat and coat it with avocado oil. You want to make sure that your skillet is very hot before you start cooking your pancakes.
- Add all ingredients except for baking powder and blend until batter becomes smooth. Add baking powder last and blend for a few more seconds until fully incorporated.
- Using a ¼ cup measuring cup, drop batter onto a hot skillet and cook until the edges have set and bubbles begin to form on the tops of the pancakes, about 2-3 minutes. Using a spatula, flip and cook for about 2 more minutes on the other side. Repeat until all the batter is gone, making sure to coat your skillet with oil between each batch.
Pumpkin spice chia pudding
- 1/4 cup Chia Seeds
- 3/4 cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 1/4 cup Pureed Pumpkin
- 1/2 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 2 tbsps. Unsweetened Coconut Yogurt
- In a large bowl, combine the chia seeds with the almond milk, pumpkin and pumpkin pie spice. Whisk well, making sure all the seeds are incorporated. Refrigerate for at least 20 minutes or overnight to thicken.
- Top the chia pudding with the coconut yogurt and enjoy!
Pumpkin pie protein smoothie
- 2 cups Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 1 cup Pureed Pumpkin
- 2 Bananas (frozen)
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1/2 cup Vanilla Protein Powder
- Place all ingredients in your blender and blend until smooth. Pour into a glass and enjoy!
- 1/4 cup Pureed Pumpkin
- 1 cup Chickpeas (cooked, drained and rinsed)
- 1 Garlic (clove)
- ¼ Lemon (juiced)
- 2 tbsps Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 tsp Sea Salt
- Add all ingredients together in a food processor. Blend until a creamy consistency forms. Enjoy!
Chocolate chip pumpkin oat muffins
- 4 cups Oats (rolled)
- 4 cups Pureed Pumpkin
- 1/3 cup Maple Syrup
- 1 tbsp Cinnamon
- 1 cup Dark Chocolate Chips
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF (177ºC).
- In a large bowl, combine the oats, pureed pumpkin, maple syrup and cinnamon. Gently fold in the chocolate chips until well combined.
- Scoop the mixture into a muffin tray. Bake for 20 minutes or until cooked through.
- Let cool before serving and enjoy!